While I love staying at a fancy hotel with the best amenities, sometimes a hotel is not the best option for a big family like mine, especially when we want to stay for more than a few days. When we travel to the Orlando, Florida, area our favorite place to stay is Global Resort Homes, where we have the best of everything a vacation could offer: a great location near all the attractions, plenty of space to stretch out, and so much more.
After staying at Global Resort Homes for the first time during a sponsored blogging trip, I was so impressed that within a week of returning I had already convinced my husband’s entire family to meet us down at Disney World for Thanksgiving. Our family vacation at Global Resort Homes proved to be one of our best – it was certainly the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation with 12 people ever!
10 reasons to stay at a Global Resort Home during your Walt Disney World trip
- Global Resort Homes are affordable – particularly for a huge family like mine that needs at least 2 hotel rooms. Global Resort Homes also manages other neighborhoods a little further away from Disney that offer even cheaper prices per night. I was amazed.
- Tons of neighborhood amenities to enjoy (Such as parks, a private movie theater, a gym, and larger pools with water slides)
- They are not time-share properties – ie, no sales pitch to sit through. Global Resort Homes won’t even bother you…but they are always right around the corner if you need any help during your trip.
- Two words: Clean laundry! Each home has it’s own washer and dryer – a necessity for those traveling with children who tend to go through multiple outfits a day on vacation.
- Separate bedrooms for everyone – Global Resort Homes has properties with up to 6 good-sized bedrooms! Not having to share a bedroom with all the kids for a week-long vacation – priceless!
- Full sized kitchens – having a place to prepare food, even if it’s just having a bowl of cereal before heading out for a day of adventure, is a huge time and money saver for families.
- A private screened-in heated pool and hot tub to yourself – need I say more?
- Space!! Hotels are fun but cramming the whole family and all their luggage into a small space for several days is not appealing. Global Resort Homes are spacious and allow everyone to have their spot to escape, chill, and renew.
- Location – the neighborhood I stayed at is only 1 1/5 miles away from Disney World. It’s close enough to drive back home for lunch or a quick nap.
- A home away from home – Global Resort Homes really do feel like home. Honestly, they feel WAY better than home. From the gorgeous decor to the space to spread out, it’s wonderful to have a place to escape to at the end of each day.